This is a sandwich cookie from Taste of Home. Spread the filling on quite thickly -- there's plenty. This recipe is great for cookie exchanges or parties because it makes a ton!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup margarine
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 2 cups baking cocoa
- 1 cup chocolate syrup
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 6 eggs
- 5 cups sugar
- 5 teaspoons vanilla
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1In a saucepan over low heat, melt butter, margarine, and shortening.
- 2Remove from heat; stir in cocoa, chocolate syrup, and peanut butter until smooth.
- 4In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs and sugar until lemon colored.
- 5Beat in the cooled chocolate mixture and vanilla.
- 6Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture.
- 7Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- 8Flatten with a glass dipped in sugar.
- 9Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until surface cracks.
- 10Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks.
- 11In a mixing bowl, beat butter and peanut butter.
- 12Beat in milk and vanilla.
- 13Gradually add confectioners' sugar, beating until blended.
- 14Spread on the bottom half of the cookies; top with remaining cookies.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (77 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 65
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 310.5
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 29.5 mg
- Sodium 210.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 37.5 g
- Protein 4.1 g