Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is a sandwich cookie from Taste of Home. Spread the filling on quite thickly -- there's plenty. This recipe is great for cookie exchanges or parties because it makes a ton!
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 2 cups baking cocoa
- 1 cup chocolate syrup
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 6 eggs
- 5 cups sugar
- 5 teaspoons vanilla
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups chunky peanut butter
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 11 cups confectioners' sugar
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt butter, margarine, and shortening.
- Remove from heat; stir in cocoa, chocolate syrup, and peanut butter until smooth.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs and sugar until lemon colored.
- Beat in the cooled chocolate mixture and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Flatten with a glass dipped in sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until surface cracks.
- Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks.
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter and peanut butter.
- Beat in milk and vanilla.
- Gradually add confectioners' sugar, beating until blended.
- Spread on the bottom half of the cookies; top with remaining cookies.