Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
I thank my awesome neighbor, Alison for this fine recipe. I am not a huge fan of chocolate, but I must say, this is a great (and easy) cake. Because I only have a regular standard bundt cake pan, I make this in the oven. But if any of you have the Pampered Chef's Stoneware Bundt pan, this cake bakes in the microwave in 12 minutes!!! Alison always makes it in the microwave. When she gave me this recipe, I almost fell on the floor at how easy it was and she made it in the microwave????? I increased the amount of p.b. cups because I love peanut butter. ;)
- 1 (18 ounce) devil's food cake mix
- 1 (16 ounce) carton sour cream, NOT fat free
- 3 eggs
- 10 miniature peanut butter cups, unwrapped and each cut in half
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350. If your bundt pan is dark coated/black, preheat oven to 325. Grease and flour and Bundt cake pan; set aside.
- IGNORE the cake mix package directions.
- In a large bowl, beat together the cake mix, sour cream and eggs until smooth.
- Pour HALF of this batter into the prepared Bundt cake pan.
- Evenly spread out the 12 halved pieces of mini peanut butter cups over the batter.
- Evenly top with remaining batter.
- Bake at 350 for about 50-60 minutes (or 325 for dark pans) or until toothpick tests done.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes and turn upside down to release the cake. Cool completely.
- After completely cooled, place the choc chips and peanut butter in a saucepan or microwave-safe bowl. Melt over low heat stirring constantly (or microwave in bowlintermittantly) until melted and smooth.
- Drizzle over the cooled cake.
- *****If you own the Pampered Chef's Bundt Stoneware, follow these directions, but microwave for about 12 minutes (microwave oven times will vary) and proceed as written.*****.
Made this to rave reviews for a party. Making it again for a cake walk at my daughter's school tomorrow. Weirdly, my family and I don't like the cake, either because of the large quantity of sour cream or because we don't like box cakes. I may try it again with one of the copycat recipes for box mix, to see if we like it better! :) I did use at least 20 mini-pb cups last time, 25 this time, and I'm going to chop some for the top. The finished cake is beautiful, and the recipe is so easy! This is likely going to be my go-to cake for parties/events from now on. Thanks!
This cake was so easy, yet so delicious you would have thought I slaved over it, but didn't! The peanut butter taste was great but not overwhelming. Family enjoyed this, and whenever I need a peanut butter chocolate fix, I know where to find it! Thanks for sharing!
Wowzersssss! everyone loved it ,there's none left , lol. This one will be in my favorites, ty for posting Parsley..So easy to make too. Anyone who likes peanut butter and chocolate, you must try this recipe, you won't regret it. I cooked mine for 1 hour at 325 degrees, in black bundt pan.