Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is as close as I could get to mom's. My family and husband's co-workers love these for the holidays.
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 lb confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 12 ounces peanut butter
- 2 ounces paraffin wax
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Melt the butter and mix in the finely ground graham crackers, nuts, coconut, confectioner's sugar, vanilla, and peanut butter.
- Roll about 80 walnut-sized balls and place on wax paper lined tray.
- Melt the paraffin and chocolate chips in top of double broiler; mixing well.
- Keep mixture warm while dipping balls. Insert toothpick to dip and remove toothpick when placed on tray.
- When finished dipping put tray in freezer to set.
- Store covered.