1/1 Photo of Chocolate Orange Sticks
Serve these as small treats at your holiday gathering! They're easy and quick, plus a great way to use unwanted orange peel. You can add chopped nuts, sprinkles, or other decorations to the chocolate before popping them in the freezer to set.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil water and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat.
- 2Meanwhile, remove the peel from both oranges in four even sections and set the oranges aside for other uses. We’re only concerned with the peel here.
- 3Cut each peel into five long slices about 1/4 inch thick. They should be about the same size as thin french fries.
- 4When the water and sugar mixture is boiling, add the peel and boil for 10 minutes, or until the orange peel is saturated with sugar and translucent. Strain the peels and set them aside.
- 5Break the chocolate bars into small pieces and melt in the microwave or carefully on the stove.
- 6Using a fork or toothpick, dip each orange peel piece into the melted chocolate until completely coated. Now is the time to add any additional garnishes.
- 7Lay chocolate orange sticks on wax paper on a baking sheet and place in freezer for 15 minutes. Store in the refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Orange Sticks
Serving Size: 1 (28 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 40
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 41.7
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 10.6 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: