Recipe by BB2011
Serve these as small treats at your holiday gathering! They're easy and quick, plus a great way to use unwanted orange peel. You can add chopped nuts, sprinkles, or other decorations to the chocolate before popping them in the freezer to set.
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil water and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, remove the peel from both oranges in four even sections and set the oranges aside for other uses. We’re only concerned with the peel here.
- Cut each peel into five long slices about 1/4 inch thick. They should be about the same size as thin french fries.
- When the water and sugar mixture is boiling, add the peel and boil for 10 minutes, or until the orange peel is saturated with sugar and translucent. Strain the peels and set them aside.
- Break the chocolate bars into small pieces and melt in the microwave or carefully on the stove.
- Using a fork or toothpick, dip each orange peel piece into the melted chocolate until completely coated. Now is the time to add any additional garnishes.
- Lay chocolate orange sticks on wax paper on a baking sheet and place in freezer for 15 minutes. Store in the refrigerator.