Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Hershey. Haven't tried yet.
- 236.59 ml flour
- 118.29 ml packed light brown sugar
- 1.23 ml ground cinnamon (optional)
- 78.07 ml shortening
- 118.29 ml chopped pecans
- pecan halves (optional)
CHOCOLATE ORANGE FILLING
- 226.79 g package light cream cheese, softened
- 158.51 ml sugar
- 78.07 ml cocoa
- 59.14 ml milk
- 1 egg
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 1.23 ml freshly grated orange peel
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Stir together flour, brown sugar and cinnamon in large bowl. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in chopped pecans. Reserve 3/4 cup flour mixture. Press remaining mixture firmly onto bottom of ungreased 9-inch square baking pan. Bake 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, prepare chocolate orange filling: beat cream cheese and sugar in medium bowl until fluffy. Add cocoa, milk, egg, vanilla and orange peel; beat until smooth.
- Spread filling over warm crust. Sprinkle with reserved flour mixture. Press pecan halves lightly onto top, if desired. Return to oven. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool; cut into bars. Cover; refrigerate leftover bars.
OH, my goodness, these are good!! I'm a big fan of bars, & these are some of the best! I DID double the amount of orange zest, but other than that... OUTSTANDING! Will definitely be making these a LOT! Many thanks for the recipe!