Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
From BHG's Christmas Cookie Magazine. Haven't tried these yet, but plan to.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 (6 ounce) package semisweet chocolate morsels
- walnut halves
Directions See How It's Made
- In a big mixing bowl, add the butter; beat using an electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds.
- Add in the sugar, baking powder, and baking soda; beat until well combined.
- Add melted chocolate, egg, and vanilla; beat to combine.
- Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the electric mixer.
- Stir in the remaining flour, rolled oats, and chocolate morsels with a wooden spoon.
- Drop the dough by rounded teaspoonfuls about 3 inches apart onto an ungreased baking sheet.
- Top each dough mound with a walnut half.
- Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are firm.
- Transfer cookies to a wire rack; let cool.
- Will freeze for up to 3 months.