Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is from Company's Comming squares book. I made them just this past week, and they were a big hit!
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 cup jam (Any kind)
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup salted peanuts
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large egg whites
- Bottom Layer:.
- Measure all 5 ingredients into bowl. Cut in butter until mixture is mealy and crumbly in texture. Press in ungreased 9x9 inch pan.
- Spread jam over bottom layer. Start with putting a dab here and there so it will be easier to spread without to many crumbs moving around.
- Top Layer:.
- In medium saucepan combine chocolate chips, peanuts, sugar, and egg whites. Stir over medium heat as you bring it to a boil and the chips melt. Pour over jam layer. Bake in 350 degrees F. oven for 30-35 minutes until well set. Cut while hot for best results. Cuts into 36 squares.