Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I know everyone has their own version of the Classic Chocolate Chip Cookie, but in our house this is the ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe. The walnuts give it a real nice "grown up" edge and the Demerara sugar...it's just plain heavenly. Hope you enjoy it as much as we do! FOODBIT: It's imperative to the success of this recipe that the ingredients and/or brands not be substituted.
- 3⁄4 cup Golden Crisco Shortening
- 1 1⁄4 cups packed demerara sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- PREHEAT oven to 375 degrees F.
- CREAM shortening and sugar with electric mixer at medium speed until light.
- ADD egg, milk and vanilla, beating until thoroughly blended.
- COMBINE flour, salt and soda. Add to creamed mixture gradually, beating just until blended.
- STIR in semi-sweet chocolate chips and walnuts with a spoon.
- DROP cookie dough by heaping spoonfuls on ungreased baking sheets.
- BAKE for 10 minutes on center rack. Cool for 2 minutes, then remove to cooling rack.