6 hrs 15 mins
carrie sheridan's Note:
a chocolate mousse taste - a hit whenever i have brought it to potlucks
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- i baked pie shell, Oronoque Orchards has a good one in the freezer section
- 1 (12 ounce) carton regular Cool Whip (the smaller size)
- 1 large bar of hershey's chocolate bar with almonds
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1bake single pie crust and cool.
- 2thaw cool whip and add in slivered almonds to taste [i add a LOT to give this SOME nutritional value - and the crunch is nice].
- 3melt hersheys chocolate bar in a bowl placed over very hot, simmering water in a pan.
- 4let the melted chocolate cool slightly and then fold it into the cool whip. ?Fold in also 1/4 cup of the slivered almonds [these add a complementary crunch AND more nutrition].
- 5spatula the filling into the pie crust.
- 6top with remaining 1/4 cup slivered almonds along the rim of the pie crust and or you can also add whole almonds for decoration.
- 7refrigerate a few hours or overnight.
- 8this is VERY rich - a small piece goes a long way -- .
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Mousse Pie [junk Food but Worth It]
Serving Size: 1 (73 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 174.0
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 10.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 10.0 g
- Protein 1.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chocolate bars with almonds