Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
a chocolate mousse taste - a hit whenever i have brought it to potlucks
Make and share this Chocolate Mousse Pie [junk Food but Worth It] recipe from Food.com.
- i baked pie shell, Oronoque Orchards has a good one in the freezer section
- 1 (12 ounce) cartonregular Cool Whip (the smaller size)
- 1 large bar of hershey's chocolate bar with almonds
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- bake single pie crust and cool.
- thaw cool whip and add in slivered almonds to taste [i add a LOT to give this SOME nutritional value - and the crunch is nice].
- melt hersheys chocolate bar in a bowl placed over very hot, simmering water in a pan.
- let the melted chocolate cool slightly and then fold it into the cool whip. ?Fold in also 1/4 cup of the slivered almonds [these add a complementary crunch AND more nutrition].
- spatula the filling into the pie crust.
- top with remaining 1/4 cup slivered almonds along the rim of the pie crust and or you can also add whole almonds for decoration.
- refrigerate a few hours or overnight.
- this is VERY rich - a small piece goes a long way -- .