Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, broken up
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon coffee liqueur
- 3 cups coffee ice cream, to serve
- Heat oven to 325°F Butter six 5-ounce custard cups.
- Heat chocolate with butter in saucepan over low heat, stirring often, until chocolate is nearly melted. Remove from heat. Stir until chocolate is completely melted.
- Beat eggs, yolks, and sugar on medium speed until thick and pale (about 4 minutes). Beat in four, 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Add liqueur and chocolate mixture. Beat until light and fluffy (about 4 minutes).
- Divide batter among custard cups, place on cookie sheet. Bake 18-20 minutes just until tops are firm and rounded and cake begins to pull away from sides.
- Let cakes cook a few minutes, then run a knife around the edges. Invert onto individual dessert plates. Serve immediately with coffee ice cream.