Prep 45 mins
Cook 12 mins
Serve these tender creme de menthe tea cakes as an after dinner treat.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups flour
- 1 (10 ounce) package creme de menthe baking chips
- sifted powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 325Â°F. Combine butter and sugar in large bowl. Beat at medium speed until creamy. Add vanilla and egg yolk; continue beating until well mixed. Reduce speed to low. Add flour; beat just until mixed. Stir in 1/3 cup baking chips.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place 1 inch apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until bottoms just start to brown and cookies are set. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; remove to cooling rack. Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, place remaining 1 2/3 cups baking chips in 1 quart saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until melted and smooth.
- Tilt pan and dip tops of each cookie into melted chocolate; shake off excess chocolate.
- Place onto waxed paper. Let stand at room temperature until chocolate is set. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Store in container with tight-fitting lid.