1/1 Photo of Chocolate Mini-Loaves
Food Network Kitchen's Note:
Copyright 2013 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- cooking spray
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup freshly brewed coffee
- 1/2 cup unsweetened Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chipotle powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- 1Position the rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 350 degrees F. Generously spray the inside of a mini-loaf baking pan with the cooking spray and set aside.
- 2Put the butter, coffee, cocoa and milk in a small microwave-safe bowl, cover with plastic wrap and microwave on high until the butter melts, about 3 minutes. Whisk to combine.
- 3Whisk the flour, granulated sugar, cinnamon, chile powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Beat the sour cream, eggs and vanilla in a small bowl. Whisk the hot cocoa mixture into the dry ingredients; stir in the sour cream mixture, until just combined. Divide the batter equally among the loaves, filling each about 3/4 of the way. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Allow the loaves to cool in the pan on a rack for 10 minutes. Run a knife around each loaf to loosen, remove the loaves and let cool completely on a rack.
- 4To serve, dust the tops of the loaves with confectioners’ sugar. If you like, cut out small hearts or other festive stencils and place them on the loaves before dusting.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Mini-Loaves
Serving Size: 1 (133 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 439.5
- Calories from Fat 194
- Total Fat 21.6 g
- Saturated Fat 13.0 g
- Cholesterol 98.3 mg
- Sodium 199.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 38.0 g
- Protein 5.7 g