Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Copyright 2013 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved.
Make and share this Chocolate Mini-Loaves recipe from Food.com.
- cooking spray
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1⁄2 cup freshly brewed coffee
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried chipotle powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fine salt
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- Position the rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 350 degrees F. Generously spray the inside of a mini-loaf baking pan with the cooking spray and set aside.
- Put the butter, coffee, cocoa and milk in a small microwave-safe bowl, cover with plastic wrap and microwave on high until the butter melts, about 3 minutes. Whisk to combine.
- Whisk the flour, granulated sugar, cinnamon, chile powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Beat the sour cream, eggs and vanilla in a small bowl. Whisk the hot cocoa mixture into the dry ingredients; stir in the sour cream mixture, until just combined. Divide the batter equally among the loaves, filling each about 3/4 of the way. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Allow the loaves to cool in the pan on a rack for 10 minutes. Run a knife around each loaf to loosen, remove the loaves and let cool completely on a rack.
- To serve, dust the tops of the loaves with confectioners’ sugar. If you like, cut out small hearts or other festive stencils and place them on the loaves before dusting.