Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Two of my favorites mexican wedding cakes and chocolate!
Make and share this Chocolate Mexican Wedding Cakes (Cookies) recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup pecans
- 1 1⁄2 cups sifted powdered sugar, divided use
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- In a food processor or blender, process pecans with 1/4 cup of the powdered sugar, until very fine. Mix in flour, cocoa and salt & set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter with 3/4 cup of the powdered sugar; Blend until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla until well blended.
- Add flour mixtureslowly, until well mixed. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Form dough into 1-inch balls and place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake until golden, 18 to 20 minutes.
- Mix together remaining 1/2 cup powdered sugar and cinnamon. When cookies have cooled slightly, roll in cinnamon mixture. Finish cooling on wire racks.
- Makes 36 cookies.
Reviewing for Dining Daredevils ZWT 5. This is simple and easy to make. I just love the pecan and cinnamon flavours. Really good!
These are quickly made and nice for guests but not too sweet. Next time i would like to make them with almonds instead of pecans. Thank you for sharing, made for ZWT5