Recipe by Manami
Hungarian candies -- Mandulás Szalámi. These looked very interesting! Haven't tried as yet. Chill at least 12 hours.
- 7 ounces almond paste
- 2 (1 ounce) semi-sweet chocolate baking squares, melted & cooled
- 1⁄4 cup chopped almonds
- confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix almond paste (which has been grated, using a box grater), chocolate and almonds.
- Knead on surface sprinkled with 1-2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar until of uniform color & consistency.
- Shape into 6" long roll; roll in confectioners' sugar.
- Wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate at least 12 hours.
- Cut roll into 1/4" slices = 24 candies.