Recipe by Redsie
Made these this weekend! They are delicious! The mix of chocolate and marmalade... and the topping! Mmmm! And they are light (Cooking Light recipe). Can't ask for more!
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
These bars are reallly great! I used Skor bars and omitted the orange rind, also I increased the vanilla, the marmalade gives these bars so much flavor! thanks for sharing Reds!...Kitten:)
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour
- 29.58 ml all-purpose flour
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 0.59 ml salt
- 59.14 ml chilled butter or 59.14 ml margarine, cut into small pieces
- 39.68 g english toffee-flavored candy bars, chopped (such as Skor)
- 2.46 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml baking soda
- 118.29 ml plain fat-free yogurt
- 14.79 ml nonfat milk
- 4.92 ml grated orange rind
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 2 large egg whites
- cooking spray
- 59.14 ml orange marmalade
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups, and level with a knife. Combine flour, sugar, and salt in a bowl; cut in butter with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse meal. Combine 1/3 cup flour mixture and candy bar for topping; set aside.
- Stir baking powder and baking soda into remaining flour mixture in bowl; add yogurt, milk, rind, vanilla, and egg whites. Beat at medium speed of a mixer until blended.
- Spoon batter into an 8-inch round cake pan coated with cooking spray. Drop marmalade by teaspoonfuls onto batter; swirl together using the tip of a knife. Sprinkle topping over batter.
- Bake at 350° for 35 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack.