Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This would give a chocolate love an orgasm if made with the right chocolate. I used Varlhona's 70% cocoa butter. Yummy.
- Chocolate Sponge:
- Whisk eggs with sugar, at high speed, until the eggs have tripled in size and becames thick and airy.
- Fold in the flour and cocoa powder.
- Spread on a baking tray, with parchment paper.
- Bake in oven 200C for about 5 minutes.
- Boil the cream in saucepan. Pour the cream unto the chopped cooking chocolate, and stir slowly, until all the chocolate has melted and smooth.
- Cool in refrigerator.
- With a knife, trim the sides of the sponge to shape a rectangle or square. Sprinkle the sponge cake with some thin sugared syrup to keep the cake moist. Spread a thin layer of ganache of the sponge, leaving half an inch on the wide side to roll the cake.
- Roll tightly using a parchment paper to aid you. Cover the log with ganache, and top with chocolate dipped cherries.