Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
A fabulous recipe that is easy to make. It is from the Hershey Cocoa label.
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup boiling water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and dust with cocoa two 9" layer cake pans. Set aside.
- In large bowl, combine sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir with wire whisk until blended.
- Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla and beat well with wire whisk or mixer until combined, about 2 minutes. While beating, heat water in microwave oven to boiling. Stir boiling water into cake batter. Pour the thin batter into the two prepared cake pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30-35 minutes or until cake pulls away from sides of pan, top springs back when lightly touched, and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes, then remove from pans and cool completely on wire racks. Fill and frost.
wonderful and moist cake! I didnt have hersheys cocoa.. ...i used another brand-still came out delish! Thanks Grandma & Grandpa!