Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
A bite-sized delight. Easy for anyone to make, so recruit the kids and enjoy. These freeze beautifully and can look very festive when decorated with simple icing.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (12 ounce) bag Hershey chocolate kisses
- food coloring, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed, or mix by hand.
- Stir in flour, salt, egg, vanilla and a few drops of food color.
- Wrap JUST enough dough around the chocolate kiss to cover it. Form into a small ball and place on cookie sheet.
- Refrigerate the cookies and cookie sheet for at least 10 minutes.
- Bake 10 minutes or until set but not brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.