Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This aired on Food Network on Semi-Homemade with Sandra Lee. Recipe courtesy Sandra Lee. Putting here for safe keeping.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal or 6 cups corn flakes cereal
- 3⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 cup candy sprinkles (optional)
- Melt butter, peanut butter and chocolate chips together in microwave, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Stir in rice or corn cereal to coat.
- Put cocoa powder in paper bag or re-sealable plastic container.
- Add cereal and shake until cereal is covered with cocoa powder.
- Add Sprinkles and shake again.
I was disappointed. Like bmcnichol, I also had to take a second look at the recipe to see what I missed. The cocoa powder was quickly absorbed and didn't seem to do what I thought it would. Yes, this is simply chocolate covered rice krispies. I don't think I'll make it again.
My son and I had fun making these but mine did not come out looking like the photo. Mine did not "stick" together. I double checked the recipe to make sure I didn't miss anything and I didn't so not sure what happened. I had a pan of chocolate covered rice krispies. We also liked these better without the cocoa powder.
Fun recipe! I made this with my grandkids on Thanksgiving and they all enjoyed helping make and devouring them. We made some into 'drop' cookies and some in an 8x8 pan that we cut into bars. Thanks Kara for a fun kid-friendly recipe. Made for Photo Tag.