Recipe by MeliBug
i LOVE nutella! so when i found this i had to put it on zaar for safe keeping! :D i cant wait to try it!
- 1⁄3 cup hazelnut meal (ground hazelnuts)
- 1⁄2 cup dry nonfat dry milk powder
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, combine hazelnut meal, dry milk powder, brown sugar, cocoa powder and cornstarch. Add in milk and vegetable oil and whisk until smooth. Cook over medium heat, whisking frequently, until mixture begins to thicken and just starts to bubble. Remove from heat and transfer to a heatproof container, preferably one with an airtight lid.
- Cool to room temperature and, if not eating right away, store in the fridge with an airtight lid on the container.
- Spread tastes best at room temperature and will keep for several days in the fridge.