Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep2 hrs 15 mins
This recipe was on Paula's Food TV show. They are to die for! I made these because my partner will not eat anything with cream cheese in it. I thought I would actually have cookies to eat the next day. I was so wrong. I made a double batch and only had 3 cookies in all. I did not find these to be Gooey. More delicate and cake like. Be sure not to over bake. *Prep time includes 2 hour chilling time. *NOTE - On her show she did add oil...I don't know the amt. I added no oil the 4 times I have made these and I don't feel its needed...My hips agree :) UPDATE: I have also used FF Cream Cheese with good results. Any flavor cake mix works well! Please also note that the directions do state that dough will be very stiff. I use my stand mixer with no problems. Please use caution if using a hand mixer.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl cream the cream cheese and butter until smooth.
- Beat in egg. Then add in the vanilla.
- Add in the cake mix mixing in well. Dough will be VERY stiff. (if using a hand mixer be careful)
- Cover and refrigerate 2 hours until firm enough to roll into balls.
- Roll the chilled dough into tablespoon sized balls.
- Roll in confectioner's sugar.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet, 2 inches apart.
- Bake 12 minutes.
- (The cookies will remain soft and look somewhat under-baked.).
- Allow to slightly cool and very carefully remove to wire racks to cool. (they are very delicate and tend to fall apart easily).
- Cool completely. Sprinkle with more confectioners sugar if desired.