Prep 2 hrs 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
This recipe was on Paula's Food TV show. They are to die for! I made these because my partner will not eat anything with cream cheese in it. I thought I would actually have cookies to eat the next day. I was so wrong. I made a double batch and only had 3 cookies in all. I did not find these to be Gooey. More delicate and cake like. Be sure not to over bake. *Prep time includes 2 hour chilling time. *NOTE - On her show she did add oil...I don't know the amt. I added no oil the 4 times I have made these and I don't feel its needed...My hips agree :) UPDATE: I have also used FF Cream Cheese with good results. Any flavor cake mix works well! Please also note that the directions do state that dough will be very stiff. I use my stand mixer with no problems. Please use caution if using a hand mixer.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl cream the cream cheese and butter until smooth.
- Beat in egg. Then add in the vanilla.
- Add in the cake mix mixing in well. Dough will be VERY stiff. (if using a hand mixer be careful)
- Cover and refrigerate 2 hours until firm enough to roll into balls.
- Roll the chilled dough into tablespoon sized balls.
- Roll in confectioner's sugar.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet, 2 inches apart.
- Bake 12 minutes.
- (The cookies will remain soft and look somewhat under-baked.).
- Allow to slightly cool and very carefully remove to wire racks to cool. (they are very delicate and tend to fall apart easily).
- Cool completely. Sprinkle with more confectioners sugar if desired.
These are SO easy to make and turned otu perfectly nomatter how I changed them up. I made the chocolate recipe as stated and added in the toffee crunch pieces which were YUMMY. Then I used the lemon cake with lemon extract which turned out perfect.Also white cake with peppermint extract and crushed candy canes for the topping. You could do anything with these and they will turn out perfect and so soft each time. Will for sure be using this recipe again!
I've had these with Butter Pecan cake mix and Spice Cake Mix. You can't go wrong. They are seriously addictive, and really easy. Instead of waiting the two hours for the dough to firm in the fridge, I put them in the freezer for about 20 min.
These were good and really easy to make. I followed the recipe as written other then I didn't dust them with sugar. They were really moist cookies.