Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs 15 mins
This is a modification on Chef Lali 's chocolate frosting, I discovered it makes great fudge if you boil it and then chill it in a mould! Thanks lali! Pour it over crumbled cookies for something crunchy and chocolaty :)) chef lali's page is http://www.recipezaar.com/browse/getchef.zsp?id=15609 copy and paste the link to see it in your browser...her cake is delicious!
- Mix water, sugar and cocoa over heat in a heavy pan.
- Remove from heat and add butter, stir untin dissolved.
- Boil again and leave to cool for 15 minutes.
- Take a square cake tin and line with grease-proof paper.
- Pour in the chocolate mix and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Divide up into squares (or not).
- Break out in spots and/or have a heart attack!
- DO NOT blame me for the above.
Made this, and after reading the other review, I used 1/2C water, and still, all the sugar didnt dissolve, and the end result was chocolate taffy, not really fudge. But it did take care of my chocolate cravings. :D Also, it didnt say how long to boil the mixture, so the second time, I got out the thermometer and went until softball stage. Thanks for sharing!
Ok, the brown sugar stubbornly refused to melt! I used 1/4 cup water in the beginning, which seemed more than enough, and followed all the instructions. After chilling, I was left with fudge that really tasted fantastic, but was, nevertheless, too 'crunchy' because of all the undissolved sugar. So I remelted the whole thing in a double-boiler a second time, adding 1 tablespoon of water, in the hope that the sugar would melt. It didn't, so I left it as it was. The combination of ingredients is just right, and it tastes great, except for the crunchy sugar. Next time I'll try powdering the brown sugar as well.