Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
A christmas tradition for my family.
- 56.69 g unsweetened chocolate
- 118.29 ml butter
- 2 eggs
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 0.25 ml salt
- 118.29 ml all-purpose flour
- 2.46 ml vanilla
Mint Layer Icing
- 354.88 ml sifted icing sugar
- 29.58 ml soft butter
- 29.58 ml milk
- 2.46 ml peppermint extract
- 0.19-0.32 ml green food coloring
- 28.34 g unsweetened chocolate
- 14.79 ml butter
- Brownie: Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C) Grease a 9 inch square pan On a double boiler, melt together first 2 ingredients, stir then cool Beat the eggs in a small bowl, add sugar and salt, beat again Add cooled chocoate mixture beat well Turn the speed to low, add flower and beat Add vanilla then beat Spread mixture in a greased pan Bake for 20-25 minute4s until it starts to come away from the pan Place in refrigerator to cool Icing: Combine all icing ingredients, mix well, spread over top of cooled brownies Place in Freezer for 10 minutes Chocolate Glaze: Melt remaining chocolate and butter together in a double boiler.
- Pour the hot glaze over the cold mint, tilt pan as needed to cover mint Refrigerate until glaze starts to appear dull, about 30 minutes Cut cake into 4 with a shap knife, run knife around sides, lift quarters out Cut quarters into small bars.
These are delicious! They are a bit too sweet for my taste, but it didn't stop me from devouring them. Thanks for the recipe.