Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
This is a Kraft adapted recipe. It is fudgey and oh so moist. Very chocolately and easy to prepare. Just like you'd expect in a restaurant! Guaranteed rave reviews!
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease 2 round 9 inch cake pans.
- Chop 2 ounces of baking chocolate.
- Using an electric mixer on low speed, beat cake mix, pudding mix, eggs sour cream, oil and water just until combined. Beat 2 minutes on Medimum speed.
- Fold in chopped chocolate.
- Spoon batter into prepared pans and bake 30-35 minutes until toothpick comes out clean. cool in pan 10 minutes, then invert onto wire racks until completely cool.
- Chop remaining chocolate.
- In a microwave proof bowl combine chopped chocolate and frozen cool whip. Microwave on high for 1 1/2 minutes or until chocolate is completely melted. Stir after 1 minute. Stir again and let stand approximately 15 minutes to thicken.
- On top of one layer (which is on a serving platter), spread 1/4 of the icing/topping. Add second layer and frost cake with remaining icing. Put almonds in center of top of cake for decoration.
- Refrigerate cake overnight.