Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
All this traditional buttercream frosting requires is a spoon—for mixing or for eating. This goes great on the Flowerpot Cakes Recipe Source: Relish Mag
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄4 cup 2% low-fat milk
- Combine butter and cocoa powder, stirring to combine well. Add vanilla and salt; mix well. Stir in confectioners' sugar, alternating with splashes of milk. Stir until creamy. If frosting is too thin, add 1 or 2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar.
WOW!!!!!!! This is the frosting I have been looking for!!! Super easy and super chocolatey!
Very good frosting. I halved the recipe and it made enough for a fairly thick layer of frosting for 11 cupcakes. It does make a smaller batch than some frosting recipes. It was fluffy, chocolatey and delicious! I put the frosting on peanut butter cupcakes - yum!
This was really tasty. It was easy to make, and we liked the way that it turned out so fluffy. It was great on a yellow cake. I think next time I might increase the recipe slightly so I could put it on a little thicker! The cake received many compliments. (My teenage daughter even asked if we could use this recipe for her birthday cake, and her birthday is 6 months away! )