Recipe by kitchenslave03
From Martha Stewart Living. I haven't tried these yet, but they look sooo good that I will soon. By the way, this is a one bowl dessert, an added bonus.
- 177.44 ml unsalted butter, softened
- 354.88 ml sugar
- 6 egg whites
- 177.44 ml whole milk
- 9.85 ml vanilla extract
- 2 vanilla beans, halved lengthwise, seeds scraped and reserved, beans discarded
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml coarse salt
- 113.39 g bittersweet chocolate, cut into twelve 2 inch chunks
- 14.79 ml powdered sugar, for dusting
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a standard 12 cup muffin tin with paper liners; set aside. Put butter and sugar into bowl of electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment; mix on medium speed til pale and fluffy, about 3 minute Add egg whites, milk, vanilla extract and seeds; mix until combined, scraping down sides of bowl as needed. Add flour, baking powder, and salt; mix just til combined.
- Divide batter among muffin cups, filling each about 3/4 of the way full. Insert a piece of chocolate into center of each, pressing about halfway into batter to cover. Bake til pale golden brown, about 24 minutes. Transfer tin to wire rack; let cool slightly. Dust with powdered sugar before serving.