Recipe by Kozmic Blues
The creamy, rich and decadent pie is SOOOO easy to make, and it's VEGAN! I know everyone will love this whether they know it contains tofu or not... This recipe was inspired by one I saw on Alton Brown's Tofu episode, as well as a recipe I saw on the website: The Everyday Dish. You can use either a homemade graham cracker or chocolate cookie crumb crust, OR you can make your own from scratch. The store bought vegan crumb crust I got was pretty lifeless, so next time I think I will make my own!
Top Review by WeazelChef
Perfect!! We used crushed oreos (newman's own)/vegan butter for the crust and added a little nutella (2 Tablespoons) to the filling recipe. I added more crushed oreos to the top. We doubled the recipe and filled a 9x12 pan. So yummy!
- 453.59 g package silken tofu, drained
- 283.49 g dark chocolate chips, vegan
- 59.14 ml powdered sugar
- 59.14 ml coffee, strong brewed or 59.14 ml espresso
- 9.85 ml vanilla extract
- 1 prepared 9-inch chocolate cookie pie crust
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt chocolate chips in microwave in 20 second increments, or using a double boiler.
- In a blender, add tofu and blend until smooth.
- Add melted chocolate, blending again until smooth.
- Add powdered sugar, espresso and vanilla and blend until mixture is smooth and fluffy.
- Pour chocolate mixture into pie shell.
- Refrigerate 2-4 hours or until firm enough to slice.