Chocolate-Espresso Lava Cakes With Espresso Whipped Cream
- Sift flour, cocoa, 5 teaspoons espresso powder and baking powder into a medium bowl.
- Put butter in a large bowl. Add white and brown sugar and whisk to blend well. Whisk in eggs one at a time. Whisk in vanilla and almond extracts.
- Whisk in dry ingredients.
- Divide batter among six 1 cup ramekins. Top each with 2 tablespoons chocolate chips. Gently press chips into batter.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours.
- Whip cream, powdered sugar and remaining espresso powder together into whipped cream.
- Preheat oven to 350F, rack in center position. Remove ramekins from refrigerator and let stand at room temperature for 5 minutes. Bake uncovered for about 30 minutes, or until cakes are puffed and crusty but a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with a thick batter attached.
- Cool cakes for five minutes and serve hot, topped with the whipped cream.