3 hrs 10 mins
2 hrs 30 mins
A friend served these at a dinner party a few years back and I HAD to have the recipe. Given my friend, I'm assuming the recipe came from Bon Appetit at some point.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 6 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup salted butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup golden brown sugar, packed
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chilled whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1Sift flour, cocoa, 5 teaspoons espresso powder and baking powder into a medium bowl.
- 2Put butter in a large bowl. Add white and brown sugar and whisk to blend well. Whisk in eggs one at a time. Whisk in vanilla and almond extracts.
- 3Whisk in dry ingredients.
- 4Divide batter among six 1 cup ramekins. Top each with 2 tablespoons chocolate chips. Gently press chips into batter.
- 5Cover and refrigerate for several hours.
- 6Whip cream, powdered sugar and remaining espresso powder together into whipped cream.
- 7Preheat oven to 350F, rack in center position. Remove ramekins from refrigerator and let stand at room temperature for 5 minutes. Bake uncovered for about 30 minutes, or until cakes are puffed and crusty but a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with a thick batter attached.
- 8Cool cakes for five minutes and serve hot, topped with the whipped cream.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate-Espresso Lava Cakes With Espresso Whipped Cream
Serving Size: 1 (228 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 902.3
- Calories from Fat 510
- Total Fat 56.6 g
- Saturated Fat 34.2 g
- Cholesterol 276.6 mg
- Sodium 385.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 98.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 72.6 g
- Protein 10.6 g