4 hrs 44 mins
4 hrs 30 mins
I made these for one of the cookie exchanges I was in this year. Very easy, yummy and pretty! Prep time includes chill time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup butter, softened (no substitutes)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 6 drops red food coloring
- 4 1/2 teaspoons chocolate syrup
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 teaspoons shortening
- 1Line a 9x5x3 inches loaf pan with waxed paper; set aside.
- 2In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- 3Divide dough into thirds. Add peppermint extract and red food coloring to one portion and mix well; spread evenly into prepared pan.
- 4Spread one plain layer evenly over first layer.
- 5To last portion add chocolate syrup; spread over second layer.
- 6Cover with foil; chill for 4 hours or overnight.
- 7Unwrap loaf and cut in half lengthwise. Cut each portion widthwise into 1/4 in slices.
- 8Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- 9Bake at 350 for 12-14 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 10In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until blended and smooth.
- 11Dip one end of each cookie into chocolate. Place on wire racks until set.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Dipped Neapolitan Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1031 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 833.5
- Calories from Fat 370
- Total Fat 41.1 g
- Saturated Fat 24.7 g
- Cholesterol 127.2 mg
- Sodium 581.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 111.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 64.9 g
- Protein 8.2 g