Recipe by Divinechef
Coconut dipped in milk chocolate and semi sweet chocolate Enjoy the video recipe in HD at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttgc4U7V1rU
- 340.19 g sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg white
- 9.85 ml vanilla
- 0.59 ml salt
- 1182.95 ml sweetened coconut
- 56.69 g milk chocolate
- 56.69 g semi sweet chocolate
- 29.58 ml shortening
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix sweetened condensed milk, egg white, vanilla and salt until combined. Stir in the coconut until well blended.
- Drop the dough about 2 inches apart onto coated cookie sheet. Form the cookies moistening your hands with water as necessary to prevent sticking.
- Bake 22 - 25 minutes until lightly golden on top.
- Cool the cookies on the baking sheets until slightly set, about 5 minutes; remove to a wire rack with a metal spatula.
- Cool cookies to room temperature 40 minutes.
- Combine ingredients for chocolate dipping sauce. Heat in microwave in medium temperature, remove and stir until chocolate is smooth.
- Dip each macaroon 1/2 inch into chocolate sauce. Place on cookie sheet with wax paper.
- Refrigerate the macaroons until the chocolate sets about one hour before serving.