Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Amy Hull, Home Instead Senior Care
- 4 bananas
- 8 wooden popsicle sticks
- 3 cups good quality chocolate bars
- 3 teaspoons butter, cut up
- chopped nuts
- toasted coconut
- cookie, crumbled
- colored sprinkles
- granola cereal
- Peel and cut the bananas in half crosswise, so that you have 8 pieces.
- Place peeled bananas on sticks.
- Line a cookie sheet with waxed paper.
- Place bananas on cookie sheet in the freezer, keeping them there as long as possible--at least 10 minutes.
- Heat chocolate bits with butter in a double boiler over low heat until the melted chocolate and the butter are incorporated.
- Dip the chilled bananas in chocolate and roll with your favorite topping.
- Chill or freeze until ready to serve.
- If frozen, allow 30 minutes to thaw before serving.
Was looking for a way to use up some bananas. Thought the kids might enjoy making these. What a fun way to get kids involved. The taste is awesome too!!
I helped my daughter make these last night. They looked so festive and set up nicely when you refrigerated them (otherwise they stayed sticky/wet). So you need to have the room in your refrigerator to put this in and only take them out RIGHT before serving. Once we dipped the banana in the chocolate we then rolled it on the inside of the pan to get the excess off. If you didn’t do this the sprinkles would just roll right back off as the chocolate drips off. Right now I’m enjoying chocolate covered pretzels and strawberries that had been dipped in the leftover chocolate. :-p So good!!
I made 2 versions of this today, one with toasted coconut that I loved and the other with chopped walnuts that my Dad enjoyed! I used the Hershey's chocolate bar. Next time I'll try this with semisweet chocolate chips and double chocolate chips with a dash of Green Creme de menthe for an interesting flavour:) Thanks for posting. These were good!