I have never made these, but posted this because I though someone else may like it. Hopefully you will. 8)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2/3 cup hot water
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups chopped dates
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 1/2 cups sifted flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 1/2 cups quick oats
- 1Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2Melt the chocolate in hot water over low heat and add granulated sugar; stir until dissolved.
- 3Add dates and cook over low heat for 5 minutes.
- 4Blend in 1/4 cup butter and vanilla extract.
- 5Let mixture cool.
- 6Cream 3/4 cup butter and the brown sugar until fluffy.
- 7Sift together the flour, salt and baking soda.
- 8Add to creamed mixture and blend well, then add in the nuts and oats.
- 9Mix until crumbly.
- 10Press 1/2 onto bottom of a greased 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan.
- 11Add the date mixture, then top with remainder of nut mixture.
- 12Bake 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Date,oat & Nut Bars
Serving Size: 1 (1817 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 244.1
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 16.2 mg
- Sodium 140.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 28.3 g
- Protein 2.6 g