Recipe by Ocean~Ivy
I have never made these, but posted this because I though someone else may like it. Hopefully you will. 8)
- 2 1⁄2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2⁄3 cup hot water
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped dates
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3⁄4 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 1⁄2 cups sifted flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick oats
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Melt the chocolate in hot water over low heat and add granulated sugar; stir until dissolved.
- Add dates and cook over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Blend in 1/4 cup butter and vanilla extract.
- Let mixture cool.
- Cream 3/4 cup butter and the brown sugar until fluffy.
- Sift together the flour, salt and baking soda.
- Add to creamed mixture and blend well, then add in the nuts and oats.
- Mix until crumbly.
- Press 1/2 onto bottom of a greased 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan.
- Add the date mixture, then top with remainder of nut mixture.
- Bake 30 minutes.