Recipe by cookiedog
Care to indulge in a little piece of heaven? From Nigella Express
Top Review by Roxxy
Very simple, but a bit fiddly to fold sometimes. They went down a treat with the family, next time though I might sprinkle the pastry with brown sugar or maybe some cinnamon or butter as it was a little on the plain side. Will be trying it again, worth perfecting.
- 1 (13 ounce) packetready rolled butter puff pastry
- 1 (100 g) chocolate bars (milk or dark depending on taste)
- 1 egg, beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Unfurl the sheet of pastry and then cut it into 6 squares.
- Cut each square diagonally to give 2 triangles (they will appear quite small). Put the triangle with the wider part facing you and the point away from you.
- Break off small pieces of chocolate (approx.1cm/half inch) to place about 2cm/3/4-inch up from the wide end nearest you.
- Then carefully roll from that chocolate loaded end towards the point of the triangle.
- You should now have something resembling a straight croissant, seal it slightly with your fingertips and curl it around into a crescent.
- Place the chocolate croissants on a lined baking tray and paint with the beaten egg. Bake for 15 minutes until golden and puffy and exuberantly, if miniaturely, croissant-like.