1/2 Photos of Chocolate Creme Brulee
1 hr 5 mins
Smooth, rich, creamy, with a great caramel crust, and best of all CHOCOLATE!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 6 egg yolks
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1For custard: Place cream in heavy, medium saucepan.
- 2Bring to simmer and remove from heat.
- 3Add vanilla extract and chocolate and stir until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth.
- 4Whisk egg yolks and sugar in medium bowl to blend.
- 5Slowly whisk in hot chocolate cream.
- 6Let cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally, about 15-20 minutes.
- 7Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 300F.
- 8Arrange six ½ cup ramekins or custard cups in shallow baking pan.
- 9Divide cooled chocolate mixture among them.
- 10Pour enough hot water into baking pan to come halfway up sides of ramekins.
- 11Bake until custards are just set, about 40 minutes.
- 12Cool custards on racks (can be prepared 1 day ahead; cover tightly and refrigerate).
- 13For topping: Preheat broiler.
- 14Mix sugars together.
- 15Sprinkle over custard in an even layer.
- 16Place ramekins on a baking sheet.
- 17Broil 2 inches away from heat source just until sugar melts and begins to caramelize.
- 18Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Creme Brulee
Serving Size: 1 (137 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 501.2
- Calories from Fat 369
- Total Fat 41.0 g
- Saturated Fat 24.4 g
- Cholesterol 274.6 mg
- Sodium 43.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 26.1 g
- Protein 5.9 g