Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
My daughter's favorite ice cream...Oreos in vanilla! This is from the Cuisinart website and is a smaller batch of ice cream to fit a 1-2 quart electric ice cream maker. Prep and cook time does not include 2-hour 'ripening' time.
- 2 cups heavy cream, chilled
- 1 cup whole milk, chilled
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup crushed chocolate sandwich style cookies (such as Oreos)
- Place heavy cream, milk, sugar and vanilla extract in a medium mixing bowl and stir until well blended.
- Pour into freezer bowl of an electric ice cream maker.
- Turn the machine on and freeze until the mixture thickens, about 20-25 minutes; add crushed cookies to the ice cream during the last 5-10 minutes of freezing.
- Transfer to an air tight container and place in your freezer until firm, about 2 hours.