Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I got this recipe from a co-worker.She brought in a sample and then I had to have the recipe, so here it is. The original recipe did not call for vanilla, almond or coconut extract but all three make these so much tastier.I used semi-sweet chips but milk chocolate would also be good for the chocolate dip. 2 hour cooking time is refrigerated time before being dipped. I'm not sure what size the tin cream was. I estimated 3 oz. It's a small tin, about the size of a tuna fish can.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 1 (3 ounce) can heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 5 cups coconut
- 12 ounces chocolate chips
- Cream butter, icing sugar, milk and extracts well. Mix in tin cream. Add coconut.
- Roll into balls, place on cookie sheet covered with wax paper and refrigerate until firm (2 hours).
- Melt chocolate chips.
- Dip balls in chocolate using a fork and tap off excess chocolate. Place on cookie sheet and refrigerate until set.
- These are great refrigerated or frozen.