Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe makes a fantastic cookie. I used all semisweet chocolate and left out the white chocolate. You can also make these Triple Chocolate Chunk Cookies: Prepare as directed, except use 2 eggs. Add 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled, to the egg mixture. Substitute 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder for 1/2 cup of the flour. Recipe courtesy of Better Homes and Gardens Best-Loved Cookies.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 10 -12 ounces white chocolate chips (coarsely chopped) or 10 -12 ounces semisweet chocolate pieces (coarsely chopped)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a large bowl beat butter with electric mixer on medium to high for 30 seconds.
- Add granulated sugar, brown sugar, and baking soda.
- Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally.
- Beat in egg and vanilla until combined.
- Gradually beat in flour.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir in the white baking pieces and/or semisweet chocolate.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until the edges are light brown.
- Transfer to a wire rack and let cool.