Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
From a Domino Sugar bag. Rich and sinful.
- 10 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2⁄3 cup white sugar
- 3⁄4 cup softened margarine
- 1 1⁄4 cups white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Oven 350 degrees. Grease 10-inch tube pan.
- Combine for topping: chocolate, nuts, 2/3 cup sugar and set aside.
- Beat sugar and butter till light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, sour cream, and vanilla till well mixed.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and baking soda in another bowl and add to batter slowly. Beat till smooth.
- Spoon and spread evenly 1/3 batter into pan.
- Sprinkle topping and alternate layers two more times.
- Bake 55-65 minutes or till toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool on rack in the tube pan for 20 minutes before putting out onto serving plate.
There is no chocolate skimping here, you get lots! I mixed white and deep dark chocolate chunks 50/50, The recipe also reduces nicely. As there are only two of us I had no need for the full bundt cake and a half recipe made the perfect amount for a single cake pan. I used Splenda for the sugar. The cake is moist and nothing short of delicious.