Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Three types of chocolate go into this chocolate-lovers brownie, Perfect for barbeques, picnics, or just to have on hand- they won't last long! Originally from the Parade magazine in the May 18 Houston Chronicle.
- 2 cups unsalted butter, plus more
- unsalted butter, to grease the baking pan
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 6 cups light brown sugar (packed)
- 12 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons cognac
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a 12x17x1 inch sheet pan and line the bottom with a piece of wax paper or parchment to fit.
- Butter the paper and then dust the pan with flour, tapping out any excess.