Little Suzy Homemaker's Note:
This is from Bon Appetit. A food processor works well to make the dough.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Whisk flour, cocoa, and salt in small bowl to blend.
- 2Coarsely chop 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips in processor. With machine running, add butter, then 1/2 cup sugar through feed tube.
- 3Add egg yolk and both extracts and process to blend.
- 4Using on/off turns, mix in walnuts, scraping down sides of bowl occasionally.
- 5Add flour mixture and process just until dough comes together, about 1 minute. Transfer dough to large bowl. Using hands, mix in remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips.
- 6Using 1 tablespoon dough for each, shape dough into 1 1/2 inch diameter balls. Press each dough ball to 1/2 inch thickness; dip 1 side into remaining 1/2 cup sugar to coat.
- 7Arrange cookies, sugar side up, on 2 ungreased baking sheets. Bake until cookies are set and almost firm to touch, about 18 minutes; cool on racks.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate-Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (35 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 173.5
- Calories from Fat 97
- Total Fat 10.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 19.1 mg
- Sodium 41.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 12.9 g
- Protein 2.0 g