Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This quick bread reminds me of chocolate chip cookies...YUMMY :)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 9 tablespoons butter, at room temp
- 2 eggs, at room temp
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 grated lemon, rind of
- 1⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Combine flour, baking powder and cornstarch in a small bowl and set aside.
- Line bottom and long sides of an 8.
- 5 x 4inch loaf pan with waxed paper and grease.
- Sprinkle 1 1/2 tbl of the sugar into the pan and tilt pan to distribute evenly on bottom and sides; tip out any excess.
- In a medium bowl, cream the butter until soft and add the remaining sugar.
- Beat until light and fluffy and then add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Gently fold in the dry ingredients, in 3 batches; do not overmix!
- Fold in the vanilla, raisins, nuts, lemon rind and chocolate chips until just blended.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 45-50 minutes or until tester comes out clean.
- Let cool for 5 minutes in pan and then cool completely on a wire rack.