Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This waffles are fantastic! I've made them several times now and they are always enjoyed. The base recipe makes 4 square waffles (serving 2 people) and from there you can double, triple, etc according to your needs.
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour or 3⁄4 cup white whole wheat flour or 3⁄4 cup Robin Hood Nutri Flour Blend
- 1 1⁄4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- handful chocolate chips
- Sift dry ingrediants in one bowl, and, using a fork, lightly beat the wet ingrediants in a serapate bowl.
- Add the dry into the wet and add the chocolate chips, mixing until just combined.
- Pour into a preheated greased waffle iron, and I cook mine for 3-4 minutes with my waffle iron. This recipe yeilds 4 square waffles for me (using 1/3 cup of batter per waffle).
- These freeze well.
This is an easy, simple AND delicious way to enjoy waffles. I cut the recipe in half for one Belgium style waffle, but I didn't have enough batter & it made a smaller waffle (that was OK with me tho!). I used whole wheat flour & about 2 tsp mini choc chips. I didn't get a TON of choc flavor, so I may try more choc next time. I also didn't use any sugar; personal preference. Since I used whole wheat flour, I added a little more Eggbeaters to thin out the batter, and about 1/8 tsp cinnamon. Great recipe; thank u for sharing!!