1/5 Photos of Chocolate Chip Waffles
I used my Belgian waffle machine for these, although you can use any type of waffle iron as these are not true Belgian style waffles. These were so good and did not last long at all. This recipe makes about 6 full round waffles, which can be broken into 4 smaller waffles each (I used 2 of those smaller pieces as a serving suggestion). The Zaar computer requires that I enter a cook time, but the time will vary based on each individual machine - I guess at about 7 minutes per waffle, but please test one out on your machine first for more accurate timing.
My Private Note
full ro ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (I used Ghirardelli dark) or 1 cup dark chocolate chips (I used Ghirardelli dark)
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder (yes really this much)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 2/3 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 extra large eggs, lightly beaten (I actually prefer Jumbo)
- 1Heat a waffle iron according to your manufacturer's instructions. Be sure to grease it well; again - according to the instructions.
- 2Mix the dry ingredients together with a whisk, stirring in the chocolate chips last.
- 3Add in the milk, then the slightly cooled melted butter.
- 4Add the eggs and stir, just enough to combine - there might be a few lumps in the batter; you just don't want any dry patches or big lumps.
- 5Pour the amount of batter specified for your waffle iron onto the preheated waffle iron and cook according to your instructions or until the steaming stops.
- 6For softer waffles, cook less time, for crispy waffles, cook longer.
- 7In general, if the steaming has dramatically slowed down and you can easily open the waffle iron to remove the waffle without it sticking, it is most likely done.
- 8Serve as is or with butter or powdered sugar or syrup - whatever you prefer.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Chip Waffles
Serving Size: 1 (42 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 220.6
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 10.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 47.2 mg
- Sodium 218.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 10.1 g
- Protein 4.9 g