Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs 10 mins
These tempting bars are like a cookie bar and a popcorn ball all rolled into one.
- 510.29 g roll refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 4 Nature Valley Oats and Honey crunchy granola bars, crushed* (2 pouches from 8.9-oz. box)
- 828.06 ml miniature marshmallows
- 158.51 ml light corn syrup
- 59.14 ml butter or 59.14 ml margarine
- 283.49 g bag peanut butter chips
- 99.22 g bagpop secret butter-flavor microwave popcorn, popped
- 236.59 ml semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350°F In large bowl, break up cookie dough. Stir in crushed granola bars. Press mixture in bottom of ungreased 13x9-inch pan. Bake at 350°F for 10 to 15 minutes or until puffed and edges are golden brown.
- Remove from oven. Immediately sprinkle with marshmallows. Return to oven; bake an additional 1 to 2 minutes or until marshmallows begin to puff.
- Remove from oven; place on wire rack. In 3-quart saucepan, heat corn syrup, butter and peanut butter chips over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until chips are melted and mixture is smooth. Stir in popcorn (mixture will be thick). Spoon mixture over marshmallows; spread evenly to just barely cover marshmallows. Cool 30 minutes.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips on High for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until melted, stirring once halfway through microwaving. Pour melted chocolate into quart-size resealable food-storage plastic bag. Cut off tiny bottom corner of bag; drizzle chocolate over bars. Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving. Cut into bars.
You beat me to the punch in posting this recipe. So I wanted to at least review it for you. These tempting bars are like a cookie bar and a popcorn ball all rolled into one. Great for class parties... Kids love them anytime of the year! Great recipe, Thanks ~V
Made these over the weekend for an informal dinner party and they were a hit!!