Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
Posted by request
- 1 (19 1/2 ounce) package brownie mix
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Position a rack in the lower third of the oven.
- Spray the bottom only of a 13 x 9 inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, mix the brownie mix and 1/2 cup melted butter with a wooden spoon until just blended and all dry ingredients are moistened.
- Press mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake 15 minutes; remove from oven (leave oven on).
- While the crust bakes, whisk the eggs, brown sugar, corn syrup, and 3 T melted butter in a bowl until well blended.
- Stir in pecans and chocolate chips; pour over hot crust.
- Bake 35-40 minutes until just set and topping is golden brown.
- Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
- Cut into 24 large bars.