Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I would just DIE without my bread machine....I am yeast challenged!! This recipe is one that I am dying to try! If you have to choose a setting on your machine to let you know when to add the chocolate chips and pecans, be sure to do that - mine does this automatically.
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup pecans
- Follow manufacturer's insturctions for placing all ingredients except pecans and chocolate chips into bread pan.
- Select the medium crust cycle and start the machine.
- When it beeps, add the pecans and chocolate chips.
- When bread is done baking, turn it onto a wire rach to cool completely before slicing.
When I first made this bread I was not at all sure how it was going to turn out but it came out beautifully. I made it over Xmas to give away as gifts. I made the dough in the breadmaker but then divided the dough and made small loaves and baked it in the oven. It also freezes well. I have made more mini loaves since the holidays and my husband is able to pull out a loaf in the morning and take it to work with him for breakfast. Thanks you so much for a recipe that will be a long standing family favorite!