Recipe by quiet603
My family's absolute favorite cookie of all time. You can't go wrong with peanut butter and chocolate. This is a soft chewy cookie that's really "peanut-buttery". Feel free to substitute peanuts, peanut butter chips or butterscotch chips for the chocolate chips We've never had a batch that we didn't love. My co-workers request I bring these in to the office all the time.
Top Review by EFG
Just what I was looking for! I used chunky peanut butter cause I like the consistency of little peanuts in the mix, and chocolate chips. BUT TWO CUPS OF CHIPS, NOT ONE!!! Thanks for the recipe. :)
- 1 cup softened butter or 1 cup margarine
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter or 2 cups chunky peanut butter
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (whatever mix-ins you like really) or 1 cup peanuts (whatever mix-ins you like really) or 1 cup butterscotch chips, etc. (whatever mix-ins you like really)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars together. Mix in one egg at a time until well blended. Add egg yolk and vanilla and beat until fluffy. Blend in peanut butter. Sift flour, baking soda, and salt together. Stir flour mixture into the dough. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll dough into 1 1/2 inch balls and place on a lightly greased baking sheet. Press down lightly with a sugar coated fork to make a criss-cross pattern.
- Bake for 10 to 14 minutes in preheated oven. Cookies should look dry but not brown. Don't over bake them. Allow the cookies to cool a few minutes before removing from baking sheet.