Source: Paula Deen (Food Network)
Make and share this Chocolate Chip Pancakes With Cinnamon Cream recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1⁄2 cup miniature chocolate chip
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- maple syrup, for serving
- Preheat griddle to 350°F
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a small bowl, combine milk, egg yolks, and 3 tablespoons melted butter; add to flour mixture, whisking until smooth.
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites at medium-high speed with an electric mixer until stiff.
- Gently fold into batter.
- Gently fold in chocolate morsels.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter on hot griddle.
- Ladle about 1/4-cup batter for each pancake onto hot griddle.
- Cook pancakes for 2 to 3 minutes, or until tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked.
- Turn and cook the other side.
- Repeat procedure with remaining 2 tablespoons butter and remaining batter.
- For the Cinnamon Cream:.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream at medium-high speed with an electric mixer until thickened.
- Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar and cinnamon, beating until stuff peaks form.
- Cover and chill.
- Serve pancakes with Cinnamon Cream and maple syrup.
I made this recipe exactly as written with no additions or substitutions. These pancakes were great...light and fluffy with the wonderful taste of the chocolate chips. The cinnamon cream was delish! I also used some of the cinnamon cream on peanut butter toast and some fresh fruit. Yummy!!! Thanks for another great recipe. I will be making these often. Made for May, 2008 Aussie/NZ Swap.