Recipe by youngchef411
extremely fluffy chocolate chip pancakes, not to sweet very soft and thick, cook moderately fast. for best results cook on a griddle. modified version of recipe from food network by paula dean
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup 2% low-fat milk or 1 cup whole milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 4 egg whites
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1⁄2 cup milk chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- sift the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt onto wax paper.
- mix egg yolks and milk in a separate bowl.
- melt butter, then put in fridge or freezer for a short while to cool off as to prevent the egg curdling.
- add a dime sized amount of egg-milk mixture to the melted butter, and keep doing so, then but the butter mixture back into the egg-milk bowl (don't worry about the lumps, the egg hasn't curdled, they are just lumps of butter, so just keep mixing).
- add sifted flour mixture into the egg mixture.
- beat the egg whites on medium high, while adding in cream of tartar to stiffen. stop mixing when stiff peaks begin to form.
- gently fold egg whites into egg-flour mixture, careful not to mix.
- add in chocolate chips.
- preheat griddle to 350 degrees (or pan to medium-low).
- top with whipped cream once slightly cooled.